Easy Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 1 pound ground beef or Italian sausage
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 ½ cups pasta sauce or marinara, divided
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook beef, onion, and garlic in a large skillet until no pink remains. Drain any fat. Stir in the bell pepper (and any extra zucchini bits if you'd like) and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until it begins to soften.
- Stir in 1 cup of your pasta sauce, Italian seasoning, and salt & pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise and use a teaspoon to scrape out the center to create a ½-inch thick shell. Brush with olive oil and season the zucchini with salt & pepper to taste.
- Place the zucchini in a large baking dish. Fill each zucchini with the beef mixture. Top with the remaining ½ cup pasta sauce and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with the cheeses and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until the zucchini is soft and the cheese is bubbly.
This recipe is courtesy of spendwithpennies.com