Grilled Summer Squash with Lemon Scallion Dressing
- 3 small zucchini (about 1 pound), halved lengthwise
- 3 small yellow squash (about 1 pound), halved lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 of a whole lemon
- 1/2 small jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp pure honey
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn
- Set up grill for direct cooking and heat to medium-high. Once hot, clean and lightly oil grates with canola oil. Brush zucchini and squash with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill zucchini, squash, and lemon half, cut sides down, until charred and just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut zucchini and squash into 2-inch pieces.
- Squeeze juice from grilled lemon into a bowl. Add lemon zest, jalapeño, honey, and remaining tablespoon olive oil and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add zucchini, squash, scallions, and basil and toss to combine.
This recipe is curtesy of countryliving.com