Quick Pickled Cucumbers
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup vinegar (apple cider, white, and rice wine are all good)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- sliced garden cucumbers (about 2 cups)
- sliced onion or green onion (about ½ cup)
- additional vegetables as you like (bell pepper, whole cherry tomatoes, etc.)
- In a small bowl add the water, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Stir to combine and until the sugar and salt have dissolved. Add the cucumber and onion. Taste and adjust the ingredients to your liking.
- All the cucumbers should be covered in the brine, if you have lots of cucumber or are making a big batch, make more brine.
- Let the mixture rest in the fridge until you are ready to eat. The flavors develop over time, so an overnight soak is great but mine are normally gone by dinner.
This recipe is curtesy of blessthismessplease.com