Italian Red Pepper Bruschetta
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh basil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced dry oregano
- 6 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, julienned
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; place on a baking sheet. In a nonstick skillet, sauté 2 garlic cloves in 2 tablespoons oil until tender. Brush over cut side of bread.
- In the same skillet, sauté the red peppers, onion, Italian seasoning and remaining garlic in remaining oil until vegetables are tender; remove from the heat. Add basil, parsley and oregano; cool slightly. Place in a blender or food processor; cover and process until pureed. Spread over bread.
- Top with tomato slices and cheese. Bake at 400° for 10-13 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown.