Sweet Potato Casserole
- 4 Tbs. Unsalted Butter (melted) Plus extra to grease baking dish.
- 3-4 Large Sweet Potatoes or Yams, Peeled and cubed.
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 4 Tbs. Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 quart baking dish.
- Add Sweet Potatoes or Yams to large pot of salted water. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce to simmer and cook until very tender. (15-20 Minutes). Drain, Cool and Mash.
- To make the filling, in a large bowl whisk together butter, mashed sweet potatoes, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, salt and eggs. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- To make the topping combine flour, brown sugar, Butter and Salt until moist and mixture clumps together. Stir in Chopped Pecans.
- Spread topping evenly over your filling mixture.
- Bake until mostly set in the center and top is golden, approximately 25-30 minutes. Serve Hot