Summer Pesto Pasta
- 1lb spaghetti
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/2" slices
- 1 small bell pepper, seeded and cut into sixths
- 4 green onions, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup store bought refrigerated pesto
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat grill on medium-high. Cook spaghetti as label directs. Rinse, drain well and let cool completely.
- In large bowl, toss corn, squash, zucchini, bell pepper and onions with oil and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper until well coated. Grill corn, turning, 10 minutes or until charred in spots. Grill squash, zucchini and bell pepper 4 to 6 minutes or until tender and grill marks appear, turning once. Grill onions 2 minutes or until tender and slightly charred, turning occasionally.
- Into large bowl, from lemon, grate 1/2 teaspoon zest and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. Whisk in pesto and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Chop squash, zucchini, pepper and onions; add to bowl with pesto. Cut kernels from cobs; add to bowl along with tomatoes, parsley and cooked pasta. Toss to combine. Serve at room temperature.
This recipe is curtesy of goodhousekeeping.com